07 January 2009

Just Finished

I just finished reading a pair of books (twin books? duplet books?) that were quite delightful. "How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship, and Musical Theater" is the first, and is followed by "Attack of the Theater People".

The books are by Mark Acito, and focus on Edward Zanni, an Italian-American actor who loves musicals and getting in to trouble with the law. The books are terribly colorful and wacky, with just the right amount of plausability thrown in. Edward, who is joined on his adventures by his crazy and exultant group of friends, hastily reminded me of myself... if I was more dramatic and lived in New York City. But the books were a breath of fresh air in this dull month of January, and I finished them both in 3 days. I recommend them if you're looking for something summery and different and delightful. With an emphasis on different. And delightful.

No comments: